This article is to guide users on how to configure tax for WooCommerce and QuickBooks Online. This will make the order syncing to QuickBooks Online work properly and provides the same output as your WooCommerce Orders.
Setting Up Tax
1. On your QuickBooks Online, go to the tax section and check for the tax you want to use for your business. If you don't have one just create a new tax. For this example we'll use GST for this guide.
2. On your WooCommerce go to WooCommerce>Settings>General and check the Enable Taxes option.
3. Go to WooCommerce>Tax>Standard Rates and add a new row for your tax (If you have set up already then you can use that instead). Note: Make sure the Rate and the Tax Name is same as on your QuickBooks Online.
4. Go to WooCommerce>Tax>Tax Options. Look for the option Prices Enter With Tax and choose whether you include or exclude tax.
5. Finally, go to WooCommerce>linksync>Order Syncing Setting. Look for the Tax Mapping option and map taxes for both apps.
If you choose to make your tax inclusive then make sure to check the Inclusive of tax option and set the Tax on your products in your QuickBooks Online.
If you choose to make your tax exclusive then make sure to uncheck the Inclusive of tax option and make sure the Tax is set on your products in your QuickBooks Online.
Creating product on WooCommerce
In creating products from WooCommerce make sure to go to your QuickBooks Online products and set the tax for each product.
To learn more about taxes for WooCommerce visit the this page - https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/setting-up-taxes-in-woocommerce/.